EMPOWERING THE DIGITAL ECONOMY
Running an environmentally responsible event
OUR COMMITMENT TO SUSTAINABILITY
Organising ConnecTechAsia provides us lots of opportunities to improve our impact - environmentally, socially and economically.
We want to make ConnecTechAsia more responsible and to play a role in helping the TMT industry improve its own sustainability through connecting people with the networks and knowledge they need to help solve the big challenges in the sector.
Sustainability at Informa focuses on the long term impacts we have on customers, colleagues, the communities we work in and the environment.
How are we taking action?
Helping the TMT market inspire sustainable development
- Championing sustainable development content
- Developing relevant partnerships with industry leaders
With two new initiatives in 2020,
- ConnecTechAsia Advisory Committee brings together industry leaders from diverse backgrounds, cultures and experiences
- The launch of accelerateHER Asia in Singapore will bring together Asia’s top founders - regardless of gender - to connect, inspire and collaborate for meaningful change towards gender parity
Running an increasingly environmentally responsible event
- Reducing the carbon impact of our events
- Checking the sustainability credentials of items we source
- Replacing printed collateral with online materials
Running a socially responsible event
- Considering wellbeing and accessibility
- Measuring our impact to ensure we are positively impacting the local community
- The virtual trade show platform includes initiatives enhancing wellbeing and equality
CONNECTECHASIA IS LOOKING FOR A CHARITY PARTNER
To champion diversity and inclusion in Tech, we are looking to support the work of a charity partner sharing this commitment.
Please contact [email protected] if you are a charity or know of a charity in this space.
WORK WITH US
Many of our stakeholders are clearly telling us that sustainability (social, economic and environmental) is something that is no longer a nice to have but a necessary part of any event. We want to make sure we’re meeting those expectations and we believe that being sustainable is the right thing to do.