Be part of our discourse with key industry partners.
Healthcare: The accelerated arrival of the future
Wednesday, 6 October 2021, 3.00pm Singapore Time (GMT +8)
Innovate healthcare: smart health, better experience
- Health system reform: The big picture
- Digital transformation: It is more about survival
- The era of patient-centered data-driven healthcare
- The accelerated arrival of future
- Sally Ye, Analyst, Healthcare Technology, Omdia
- Nicolas SEO, Business Manager, IRM INC.
- Joo Ho, LEE, Key Account Manager, Monitor Corporation
- Chan Ho, SUNG, Digital Marketing Manager, Health hub
- In Uk, KOH, Director, ICHROGENE
EXPLORING THE ENTERPRISE AI MARKETPLACE
Wednesday, 15 September 2021, 2.00pm Singapore Time (GMT +8)
Over the past 18 months, artificial intelligence (AI) has demonstrated time and again its unique ability to solve difficult problems, no matter how diverse or challenging. Take for example, the rapid maturation of the digital virtual assistant marketplace, which has, more than any other measure, allowed companies to navigate the global pandemic's unprecedented demand for electronic forms of customer experience.
In this webinar, we will look at this and other AI market innovations, exploring market spend and customer perception of AI. We will also dive into top use cases and some of the unique enterprise requirements necessary to extract customer value from AI.
And we will bring together several market movers who are putting AI to use across key markets such as banking and key use cases such as digital virtual assistants.
- Mr Bradley Shimmin, Chief Analyst, AI & Data Analytics, Omdia
- Ms Yu Jin, SUH, Technical Evangelist, TestWorks
- Mr Jung Seok, KANG, CEO, AIZEN
- Mr Do Jun, KIM, Executive Director, Citylabs
- Mr James, KIM, CEO, MakeBot
THE RISE OF 'ALONE TOGETHER' WORK STYLE
Wednesday, 8 September 2021, 2.00pm Singapore Time (GMT +8)
The "alone together" work styles are here to stay. Significant changes over the past 18 months have disrupted the way employees work, and the locations from which they work from. The balance between office-based working and remote working looks very different now.
How can businesses make sense of the financial impact to support permanent work style changes? Services that help businesses measure, improve visibility and adaptability for a more mobile workforce will be of huge value. Understanding the behaviours, the application of technology and how it affects the changing demands of employees is critical for enhancing productivity and reducing work fatigue.
- Mr Hwee-Xian Tan, Senior Analyst, SoHo and SME - Enterprise Services, Omdia
- Ms Helen, KANG, Manager, Ahranta, Inc.
- Ms Ah Leum, LEE, Manager, UCWare
- Mr Kevin, KIM, General Manager, KIWONTECH
- Mr Ray SJ, AHN, General Manager, Sparrow Co., Ltd.
ARE SMART FACTORIES WORKING FOR EVERYONE?
Wednesday, 25 August 2021, 2.00pm, Singapore Time (GMT +8)
The factory of the future is getting smarter – but is it working for everyone?
- How is manufacturing changing to meet internal and external challenges?
- What are the pain points in digital transformation?
- What are they keys to developing a successful IIoT project?
- Ms Joanne Goh Senior Analyst, Manufacturing Technology, Omdia
- Mr Andrew Wong Global Sales Associate, FutureMain
- Ms Hyun Ju, LEE Deputy General Manager, Marketing Team, SimPlatform
- Ms Hyun Sun, SHIN Sales Manager, Wizcore Inc
KEY TECHNOLOGY TRENDS IN 2021 – MAKING THESE TECHNOLOGIES WORK FOR YOUR BUSINESS
Thursday, 4 March 2021, 2.00pm Singapore Time (GMT+8)
Cloud and, in particular, multi-cloud and cloud-native will be two of the most prevalent technologies being adopted in 2021. But what challenges will adopting these technologies bring for the IT and business teams that have to use them? The focus of this webinar is to identify some of the key technology trends that will further mature and innovate in 2021, and what potential challenges these will bring to application developers and DevOps teams. Recognizing that adoption rates of technologies differ by region and country, this webinar will highlight these differences and discuss the challenges that IT and business users must address if they are to deliver business value.
- Mr Roy Illsley, Chief Analyst, OMDIA
- Mr Sean Maritz, Technical Solutions Architect, ANZ, NGINX
APAC SECURITY MARKET UPDATE – SECURING THE FUTURE ENTERPRISE
Wednesday, Jan 20 2021, 11.00am - 12.00pm Singapore Time (GMT+8)
Businesses in the region are seeking new ways to innovate, improve customer experience and leverage ICT to take advantage of a new market landscape. However, these innovations increase attack areas that sophisticated cyber attackers can target.
As a result, IT Security and Business Continuity planning have emerged as crucial CIO’s concern in APAC this year.
More specifically, the threat of Ransomware to valuable customer data and businesses reputation is high on the list in this region, and whether businesses are doing enough to not only prevent but to recover from possible attacks quickly.
In this event, hear how Pure Storage can help secure the future enterprises.
- Mr Adam Etherington, Principal Analyst, Digital Enterprise Services, Omdia
- Mr Seah Boon Chong, Head of Systems Engineering, ASEAN, Pure Storage
- Mr Kim Ling Yew, Systems Engineer, Pure Storage
DIGITAL PIRACY: THE GROWING THREAT AND HOW TO FIGHT IT
Wednesday, December 9 2020, 9.00am GMT
COVID-19 has boosted online content consumption including premium VOD and streaming sports. But it also means that high-quality digital content is more vulnerable to theft. The stakes for content asset owners have never been higher.
To combat piracy, industry players must work together and tap the power of advanced techniques such as digital watermarking and online piracy detection.
This webinar will look at the evolving landscapes and the solutions available to help content rights owners protect their assets.
- The key trends in content and revenue theft
- The importance of a holistic approach to tackling piracy
- The role of digital watermarking in securing revenue and identifying sources of piracy
- The role of online piracy detection services in tracking and removing infringing content
- Merrick Kingston, Principal Analyst, Media Delivery, Omdia
- Stuart Thomson, Editor, Digital TV Europe
- Angie Kretzschmar, Technical Product Manager – Online Piracy Detection, Irdeto
- Erik Hietbrink, Technical Product Manager – Watermarking, Irdeto
ASIA PACIFIC MARKET UPDATE – CLOUD & DIGITAL ACCELERATION
Tuesday, 8 December 2020, 02.30pm Singapore Time (GMT+8)
Firms in the region are continuing their accelerated journey to cloud delivery models. While initially driven by the pandemic for business continuity and flexibility, recent experience is now the catalyst for CIO's plans to digitize more of their IT services, and faster. This will create more market complexity in managing multiple, hybrid cloud ecosystems, across legacy and cloud-native enterprise applications.
In this event, hear how China Telecom and Huawei are partnering to deliver flexible cloud solutions to the region.
- Mr Adam Etherington, Principal Analyst, Digital Enterprise Services, Omdia
- Mr Steven Fan, Senior ICT Consultant, China Telecom (Asia Pacific)
- Ms Li Qi, Financial Industry Manager , China Telecom (Asia Pacific)
- Mr Liu Han, Partner Alliance Director, Asia Pacific Huawei Cloud Ecosystem
- Mr Edwin Lin, Principal consultant, Omdia
- Mr Li Qing, Managing Director, China Telecom (Asia Pacific)
- Ms Lu Yanping, General Manager, Asia Pacific Huawei Cloud Ecosystem
- Mr Hu Di, Director of IT & Logistics dept, China Merchants Energy Shipping (Singapore) Holding Pte Ltd
- Mr Jayasimha Togarrati, CTO, South Asia, L'Oréal
- Mr Christopher Khor, Independent Technology Advisor, Panelist
CYBERSECURITY IN 2021: RESPONDING TO AN UNCERTAIN ENVIRONMENT AND MANAGING COSTS IN THE YEAR AHEAD
Wednesday, November 18 2020, 3.00pm Singapore Time (GMT+8)
Cybersecurity investment planning for 2021 is challenging, as the disruption brought to the world of work by the global pandemic shows little sign of abating. Rather than settling into a “new normal” as predicted in the early days of COVID, many countries continue to oscillate between enforcing working from home (WFH) and back to office arrangements.
Enterprises are thus faced with the need to support varying numbers of employees in WFH mode from one month to the next. Meanwhile, threat actors aim to exploit widescale WFH, factoring home workers’ relative isolation from corporate IT into how they craft their attacks.
All of this makes a secure remote access platform that can flex up and down, on an ad hoc basis, a desirable infrastructure for corporate connectivity through 2021 and beyond. It also calls into question the efficacy of traditional virtual private network (VPN) architectures and raises the profile of alternative approaches, grouped under the heading of Zero Trust Access (ZTA) technology.
- How has the threat landscape evolved, and what can we expect going into 2021?
- What are the shortcomings of VPN architectures for the current world of work?
- Why should I consider ZTA?
- How best can I introduce ZTA to complement the VPN infrastructure I have in place today?
- What are the different “flavours” of ZTA and their pros and cons
- Chris Wang, Solution Engineer, ASEAN, Cloudflare
- Rik Turner, Principal Analyst, Cybersecurity, Omdia
THE FUTURE OF WORK: REIMAGINING BUSINESS AS USUAL
Webnesday, October 28 2020, 11.00am Singapore Time (GMT+8)
Many companies are caught wrong footed when Covid-19 impacted the world.
According to Verizon’s latest research, 61% of business leaders stated that the pandemic has highlighted weaknesses in their business strategy, while 65% will have to change their strategy dramatically.
The survey also revealed that organisations with certain characteristics reported better financial performance than their peers.
So what are these characteristics and how can you future-proof your business against the challenges of tomorrow? This webinar will address the following questions to get your organization future ready:
- What are the new ways of working and how 5G and mobile edge computing (MEC) enables workstyles of the future
- How digital ready is your organisation and further technology transformation required to future-proof your business, ranging from user-facing technologies such as collaboration tools or cloud-ready applications to back-end technologies such as scalable networks beyond SD-WAN, or strong and secure mobile connectivity
- Leadership plays an enormous role in leading the change, so how can change management be mastered to create a workplace of the future
- Duncan Kenwright, Managing Director - Global Solutions, Verizon
- Helen Wong, Director, Global Product & Solutions, Asia Pacific, Verizon
- Adeline Phua, Principal Analyst | Network Transformation, Omdia
TRANSFORMING, AND ENRICHING CONTENT DISTRIBUTION LIFECYCLE AT THE EDGE TO CREATE TOMORROW'S SCALABLE CONNECTED D2C DIGITAL SERVICS HUB
Thursday, October 22 2020, 03.00pm Singapore Time (GMT+8)
Omdia’s “Digital Consumer Insights” highlight that the average individual digital user subscribes to 2.25 D2C OTT TV & video services which can be expected to rise significantly over the next 18-24 months. Furthermore, close to three-fifths (58%) of digital users in matured markets will subscribe to a single connected D2C digital services hub by 2023. Thus, as many enterprises are pushed toward building secure, localized and highly personalized pure entertainment (TV, video, gaming, and music) or hybrid entertainment (e-learning, e-fitness) value proposition, this demand for enriching, and transforming content distribution workflow in the long-run.
- Safeguard churn through improved digital properties performance acceleration
- Deliver premium QoS through leveraging intelligent multi-faceted network globally
- Enhance engagement rates via secured managed live content distribution lifecycle at scale
- Real-time exploitation of newer monetization avenues through data and lowering revenue leakages at the edge
Future-ready content distribution workflow to therefore remain at the epicenter of creating tomorrow's scalable, connected D2C digital services hub.
- Kedar Mohite, Principal Consultant, Media Technology, Omdia
- Steve Miller Jones, VP, Edge Strategic & Solutions Architecture. Limelight Networks
- Abhigyan Jha, Veteran director, co-founder of Undercover Utopia and ProMytheUs, Undercover Productions Ltd
SMART TECH FOR EFFICIENT FACILITY MANAGEMENT
Wednesday, August 5 2020, 3.00pm Singapore Time (GMT+8), 9:00 AM Central European Summer Time (GMT+2)
This webinar provides an overview of the latest tech available for digitalization of building operations and facility management, with a special focus on lift monitoring and energy saving. Bosch experts will share know-hows on developing an optimal digitalization strategy for commercial buildings. The introductory presentation is delivered by Charles Reed Anderson, founder of CRA & Associates and a recognized international expert in Smart Cities and PropTech.
- Smart buildings and the future of work in the post-COVID-19 world
- From siloed digital solutions to a holistic view of the whole building
- Practical IoT use cases to make commercial buildings smart
- Spotlight 1: Lift management
- Spotlight 2: Energy management
- Charles Reed Anderson, Founder, CRA & Associates, Managing Partner, SparkLabs Connex, Advisory Board Member, GO SMART initiative
- Thomas Jakob, Regional President APAC, Bosch.IO
- Oliver Meili, Head of Connected Solutions APAC, Bosch.IO
- Michael Goh, Director, Smart Connected Solutions, Bosch Building Technology
- Swaroop Balakrishnan, Sales Director APAC, Bosch.IO
ASIA TECH 2020 DIGITAL SYMPOSIUM
Title: Asia Tech 2020 Symposium Day 1
Date: Tuesday, August 04 2020
Time: 11.00am Singapore Time
Duration: 4 hours
Join ConnecTechAsia, OMDIA and Light Reading Asia for a digital symposium designed to educate service providers and IT decision-makers alike on the most pertinent and impactful issues driving the continent's tech and innovation ecosystems. From 5G deployment to the road to 6G - we will cover it all!
DAY ONE - Session 1 @ 11:00 AM SGT
5G Race: The Scorecard
Speakers: Nicole McCormick, Practice Leader, Omdia
Taking stock of 5G, one of the biggest technology transitions in telecom history. More than a year since its commercial debut, operators are making progress in enhanced mobile broadband and video streaming and cloud gaming apps. This session examines the 5G successes to date, and the leaders and followers across the region. Which operators and which markets are the frontrunners? What are the pricing models? What is driving adoption: price, handset upgrade, new services? What are new deployment models, eg, network sharing?
12:45 PM - 1:00 PM BREAK
DAY ONE - Session 2 @ 1:00 PM SGT
The Cloud Telco
Speakers: Adeline Phua, Principal Analyst, WAN Transformation, Omdia
The transformation of the traditional telco network into a highly flexible and scalable software-driven infrastructure is accelerating. Yet while cloud-based, virtualized networks promise lower operating costs and greater flexibility, but to get there telcos need to pick their way through issues of vendor choice and compatibility, as well as prepare for new competitive challenges with big cloud players entering the market.
Platinum Sponsor: - Huawei
THE LONG-TERM IMPACT OF COVID-19 ON TECH & BUSINESS IN SINGAPORE & BEYOND
Tuesday, July 14 2020, 4.00pm Singapore
The new tech trends and constraints businesses must adapt to in the aftermath of COVID-19. How organisations in Singapore and beyond can succeed in the new world of business tech.
Brought to you by ConnecTechAsia and TechXLR8 Asia, this webinar tackles what the world will look like for tech and business in a world post-COVID-19.
Key topics include:
- IMDA will discuss human-machine collaboration and how this will impact the future of work post-COVID-19, with enterprises more focused than ever on digital transformation
- Axiata Group Berhad will discuss COVID-19’s impact on business operations for mobile operators from a network and commercial perspective, and the potential policy issues in the “new normal” world
- ZengaTV will discuss Change & realization and adopting to the same with more preparedness than resistance
- Veronica Tan, Director, Technology and Infrastructure Group, IMDA
- Foong Chee Kheong, Group Head of Regulatory Affairs, Group Corporate Office, Axiata Group Berhad
- Shabir Momin, CEO, ZengaTV
- Adrian Ho, Practice Leader, Enterprise Advanced Digital Services, Omdia
HOW TO BUILD A BETTER 5G?
Wednesday, May 27 2020, 10.00am New York / 3.00pm London
5G is happening faster than 4G, and is being deployed in a totally different way to previous mobile generations. For the first time, operators have a faster way to deploy nationwide 5G coverage, increase bit rates, and evolve to 5G standalone, efficiently leveraging existing mobile infrastructure. The new approach offers tremendous value for consumers and enterprises in terms of coverage, performance and low-latency use cases.
Ongoing nationwide 5G deployments are the foundation for a smooth 5G standalone introduction. In this webinar we will share experiences from 5G live networks in South Korea, the US and Europe, and the latest trials of 5GC.
Key topics include:
- Reuse of spectrum, sites and mobile infrastructure
- Dynamic Spectrum Sharing, 5GC and Orchestration
- Migration to 5G standalone
- Cloud NFVi platform
- Breaking the energy curve
- Gabriel Brown, Principal Analyst – Mobile Networks and 5G, Heavy Reading
- Hannes Ekström, Head of Product Line 5G RAN, Ericsson
- Folke Anger, Solution Line Head Packet Core, Ericsson
BUILDING FLEXIBLE AND OPEN ARCHITECTURES FOR 5G
Tuesday, May 26 2020, 10.00am New York / 3.00pm London
As operators prepare to launch 5G services, it is evident that in order to effectively and efficiently deliver the utmost performance, 5G network build-outs need to be based on an architecture which is open, flexible and scalable – across all the network domains.
In this webinar we will discuss the following:
While it has been established that 5G network cores are to be based on a cloud-native, open-architecture, what about the remaining network domains?
Can an open-network architecture in the RAN and transport domains help address the unique challenges 5G networks are facing? If so, how?
Are open architectures in the RAN and transport domains mature enough?
- Sterling Perrin, Principal Analyst – Optical Networking & Transport, Heavy Reading
- Shai Yaniv, Executive Vice President, Marketing & 5G Business Development, Ceragon Networks
ICT & SATELLITE INDUSTRY WEBINARS
Hear about the latest developments in the ICT and Satellite industry.
C-BAND: TODAY & TOMORROW
Wednesday, 30 September, 15:30 - 16:30 (SGT)
This webinar will explore the many users of C-band capacity in today's world and the regulatory, technical and economic issues that will shape the future of C-band communications with a focus on those issues of particular importance in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Gregg Daffner, CEO, GapSat
- Mohaned Juwad, Senior Manager, Spectrum Policy, Intelsat
- Yat Hung Chan, Manager of Spectrum Management, AsiaSat
- Mark Wardle, VP Engineering & Operations, Encompass Digital Media
- Dr P.K Jain, Associate Director, Frequency Management, ISRO
PREPARING FOR THE DIGITAL FUTURE THROUGH BUSINESS TRANSFORMATION
Thursday, 20 August 2020, 10 am – 12 pm (GMT+8)
The current challenging business climate has driven organisations to look towards digital transformation to emerge from the Covid-19 crisis and prepare for recovery. However, as organisations shift focus towards digitalisation, exposure to cyber threats is bound to increase. How can organisations leverage the flexibility and agility that digitalisation affords without compromising on their security?
This sharing covers how you can use IoT-aaS and Edge Cloud on a dynamic and defendable network to remodel and accelerate business transformation, while keeping control of costs and cyber security.
- How IoT-aaS and Edge Cloud can help accelerate digitalisation of your business operations
- Insights on the latest cyber threats and how they infiltrate into organisations
- How managed security services can protect your business against cyberattacks
CONNECTIVITY IS DEAD: LONG LIVE (INTELLIGENT, INFINITE, CLOUD) CONNECTIVITY
Wednesday, March 18, 2020, 11:00 am New York / 4:00 pm London
Connectivity is no longer an interesting topic. Or is it? As the 5G era dawns, the potential use cases and impact of wireless/mobile connectivity have been attracting attention. Importantly, discussions focus not only on the value but also on the “profile” of connectivity. Indeed, new (mainly IT) concepts – including cloudification and open network architectures – are drastically changing the wireless/mobile industry.
5G+AI: THE INGREDIENTS FUELING TOMORROW’S TECHNOLOGY INNOVATIONS
Thursday, February 6, 2020, 12:00 p.m. New York/ 5:00 p.m. London
5G and AI are two of the most disruptive technologies the world has seen in decades. While each is individually revolutionizing industries and enabling new experiences, the combination of both 5G and AI is going to be truly transformative. Applying AI not only to the 5G network but also the device will lead to more efficient wireless communications, longer battery life and enhanced user experiences. The low latency and high capacity of 5G will also allow AI processing to be distributed amongst the device, edge cloud and central cloud, enabling flexible system solutions for a variety of use cases. At Qualcomm Technologies, we are not only working on cutting-edge research for 5G and AI, but we are also exploring their synergies to realize our vision of the future.
In this webinar, you’ll learn how:
- AI is making 5G better — in the network and on the device
- On-device AI processing is essential, and even more so in the 5G era
- 5G is empowering a new computing paradigm: distributed learning over wireless
USING BIG DATA ANALYTICS FOR BETTER NETWORK INSIGHTS IN THE CLOUD ERA
Tuesday, December 10, 2019, 10:00 a.m New York / 3:00 p.m London
A wide choice of Internet applications and services and ubiquitous connectivity across all devices are changing how online content and OTT video are consumed. Service providers need better insights into what is happening throughout their network — most importantly in the “first mile” — to optimize the delivery of their own and OTT services, and ensure premium customer experiences for both.
In this webinar, we will examine current OTT trends and service provider approaches, and how big data analytics can help provide real-time, multi-dimensional, subscriber-level insights for network optimization and marketing/service planning.
Key topics include:
-New customer expectations in the era of the cloud, 5G and IoT
-The era of CDNs, multiple OTT subscriptions and service provider –- OTT partnerships
-The importance of understanding what is going on in your network and on the Internet
-Big data-based analytics for deeper network, service and subscriber insights